Dog Behaviour & Body Language
The Dog is Happy / Relaxed
- The dog's head is held
- The dog's body is generally relaxed.
- The tongue is hanging out in a relaxed way.
- The dog is wagging its tail.
The Dog is Nervous / Frightened
- The dogs tail is tucked between legs
- The dog may move from or move from side to side in a lowered position.
- It crouches down to make itself seem smaller, and move from side to side
- The dog may roll over to show it's belly.
- The Ears are either back or flat on the head.
- The dogs tries to avoid eye contact, eys may be slightly closed.
- The dog extends it's tongue in a licking motion.
The Dog is Aggressive / Ready to Attack
- The dogs fur on back of the neck and bakc is standing on end (hackles are up).
- The dog is standing on the tips of its paws.
- The tail may wag slowly and stiffly
- The head is held high and alert, eyes are open and staring.
- The dog may show it's teeth and snarl.
- The ears are straight up and erect.
- The dog is growling and snarling.