Guidelines & Privacy
- Your advertisement (listing or profile) must be informative and truthful. Information regarding health, physical attributes, breed history, vaccinations, microchipping, and photos, must be accurate and not in any way misleading. Photos must be your own, or you must have permission for any photos used in your advertisement. If you are using photos that are not of your animal/s, you must state this explicitly in your listing so as not to deceive potential buyers.
- Any suspicions or reports of maltreatment, unacceptable living conditions, or serious health conditions will be reported to the appropriate authorities and membership will be cancelled.
- Some animal breeds cannot be advertised on this site as they are prohibited in Australia. This includes some breeds of dogs (e.g. Pitbulls, Dogo Argentino), as well as a whole range of foreign exotic species (anything from gerbils to chameleons). Advertisements for such breeds and species will be removed. It is solely the obligation of the advertiser to ensure that their advertisements are within the law, and PerfectPets.com.au takes no responsibility for the advertisement of pets that are deemed ‘illegal’. Also please note that different states may have differing laws with regards to pet legality, and it is the seller and buyers responsibility to adhere to these laws as apply to them.
- Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that the pet/s being advertised are appropriately micro-chipped, vaccinated, de-sexed and wormed according to the laws and regulations of the seller’s state or territory. Additionally, where a microchip, vaccinations, and/or worming are required, certification must be supplied to the buyer.
- Advertisers must provide all information regarding any health issue/s on their advertisement and must provide all documentation to the buyer.
- Advertisers must be the legal owner of the animals/s being advertised for sale, or have the authority to advertise on behalf of the owner.
- Buyers are responsible for ensuring that they obtain the appropriate paperwork and information from the seller according to the laws and regulations in their state or territory.
- Advertisements must not contain promotions or advertisements for any third party without written consent from PerfectPets.com.au.
- PerfectPets.com.au accepts advertisements of animals at any age, however; at the time of purchase, the dog/s must be a minimum of 8 weeks old, cat/s must be a minimum of 12 weeks old, rabbits must be a minimum of 6 weeks old, guinea pigs, and rats and mice must be a minimum of 4 weeks old.
- PerfectPets.com.au takes no responsibility for animals that may become ill or deceased for any reason following purchase. Again, it is the responsibility of the advertiser to provide truthfully the condition of the animal, and the necessary health documents to the buyer.
- Information on this website is provided for general interest and education and should not be substituted for professional advice. PerfectPets.com.au recommends that you obtain advice from the relevant authorities for definitive information.
- A refund will be considered, but not guaranteed, in the case of technical issues where a problem has occurred with the submission of your profile or upgraded listing if due to no fault of your own.
- PerfectPets.com.au reserves the right to cancel the membership of any person if there is any suspicion or report that the above guidelines are not being followed.
- PerfectPets.com.au reserves the right to remove any profile or listing at any time.
Refunds - No refunds will be given once a paid profile or listing, or upgraded listing has been placed on the site. Perfect Pets reserves the right to edit or remove any profile or listing if necessary or deemed appropriate, at any time and without notification.
This site and its contents are subject to copyright. The copyright is owned by PerfectPets.com.au, or in the case of some material, a third party. Without permission, any use, including the reproduction, modification, distribution, transmission, republication, display or performance, of the content of this site is prohibited.
Trademarks & Disclaimer
This site includes copyright that are otherwise protected by law. Except as expressly authorised, the use or misuse of any material is prohibited. You agree that your access to, and use of, this site is subject to these terms and all applicable laws, and is at your own risk.
This site and its contents are provided to you on an "as is" basis, the site may contain errors, faults and inaccuracies and may not be complete and current. PerfectPets.com.au makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials or products included on this site, except as otherwise provided under applicable laws. Neither PerfectPets.com.au, nor its affiliates, directors, employees, agents, contractors, successors or assigns will be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in any way related to, the use of this site and any other site linked to this site. This limitation applies to direct, indirect, consequential, special, punitive or other damages you or others may suffer, as well as damages for loss of profits, business interruption or the loss of data or information.
Although PerfectPets.com.au takes due care we cannot guarantee that any file or program available for download and/or execution from or via this site is free from viruses or other conditions which could damage or interfere with data, hardware or software with which it might be used. You assume all risk of use of all programs and files on this site, and you release PerfectPets.com.au entirely of all responsibility for any consequences of its use. PerfectPets.com.au does not claim to be free of errors, and at times due to circumstances outside our control the site my be interrupted or unavailable.
Third party sites
This site may contain links to third party sites. PerfectPets.com.au is not responsible for the condition or content of those sites as they are not under our control. You access those sites and/or use the site's products and services at your own risk. The links are provided solely for your convenience and do not indicate, expressly or impliedly, an endorsement by PerfectPets.com.au of the sites or the products or services provided on the site.
PerfectPets.com.au does not permit any linkages to this site without prior permission. This site is created and controlled by PerfectPets.com.au. Your use of this site is governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the ACT, Australia. Disputes arising from your use of this site are exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of the ACT, Australia. This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas.
PerfectPets.com.au makes no representations that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia. If you access this site from outside Australia, you do so at your own risk and are responsible for complying with the laws in the place where you access the site.
Creating an account, listing, profile or messaging via the Perfect Pets platform may require that you provide personal data such as your name, email address, and telephone number. Some of this data may be made publicly available on the site, depending on the type of interaction, listing or profile, and the options you have selected. When setting up an account users are given the opportunity to select which information they want to be kept private – eg address and phone number. Email addresses are kept private and never displayed publicly on the site. Messaging from members and the public is facilitated through the Perfect Pets member account area. Information used for verification purposes is not made publicly available and kept on a secure server.
If illegal, unethical, or inhumane behaviour or activity is suspected, members will be reported to appropriate authorities without notice, and if necessary your details and information may be shared third parties, if required to do so by law.
For your safety and security e-commerce transactions are handled by our Bendigo Bank Merchant Facility. Encryption technology is used to protect data and information during transactions and credit card details are not saved, retained or recorded during this process.
Contact information voluntarily provided may be used to send notifications and messages relating to your account, listings or profile. You may also be contacted by email in relation to new features and updates, promotions, advertising and other relevant material via Perfect Pets or our partners. Members will be contacted by SMS as part of our lost and found service if a listed animal is in the vicinity of the address provided by the account holder. Members are offered the option to opt out of this notification system.
Perfect Pets has administrative processes and technical security measures to protect users and their personal information. No method of internet security can ever be 100% secure, however, so we are unable to guarantee the security of the personal information you provide and your interactions via our system.
PerfectPets.com.au fully supports the 'National Privacy Principles for the Fair Handling of Personal Information' launched in February 1998. More information on privacy legislation is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at www.privacy.gov.au. More detailed Privacy information is available in our Terms and Conditions.