The Rainbow Paws Program - Supporting pets and their people - Canberra, ACT
The Rainbow Paws Program believes all creatures deserve food, shelter, care and respect. We recognize the role companion animals play in the overall well-being of their guardians - particularly individuals and families doing it tough. Companion animals provide emotional support, stability, and unconditional love. We believe they deserve nothing less in return.
The Rainbow Paws Program provides free or subsidised food, bedding, supplies (such as water bottles, jackets, collars) and medical treatment for the companion animals of a variety of people including:
- People experiencing temporary or long-term homelessness
- Isolated elderly
- Financially disadvantaged
- Individuals with mental health or physical disabilities
- Women, men and youth in refuges or temp housing
- Farmers experiencing drought
Rainbow Paws : Supporting Pets and their People.