Retro Studio | Pet Friendly Accom | 9 min to beach | 25 min to Byron Bay
|*Unique*| |*Nostalgic*| |*Tranquil*| |*Personal*|
This sunlight filled retro and rustic studio is surrounded by nature and is set on 6 acres of lush greenery. It is the perfect central base to explore the Northern Rivers area, as it's located halfway between the idyllic Byron Bay and the trendy Gold Coast.
Fully furnished and self-contained, the studio boasts eco-friendly features such as its zinc and recycled timber building structure; collection and usage of rainwater; and greywater distribution. In addition to having a kitchenette, reverse cycle air conditioner, ceiling fans, spacious deck, and free WIFI, the studio also has an outdoor garden area with a BBQ, retro table, and chairs plus umbrella, retro banana lounges, and hammock to enjoy the private outlook and peaceful views. Beach necessities such as beach umbrella, chairs, and towels are provided.
You can enjoy the coastal breeze as you sit on the deck with your evening tipple and watch the sun go down after a day of activities, or you can try to spot the wide variety of birdlife (ducks, swamp hens, kookaburras, cranes, etc.) that call the property home. Our lovely Haucaya breed alpacas, Billy and Emmy, will also make you feel relaxed and totally at ease.
With the beach, cafÃ©s, restaurants, and shops being less than 10 mins away by car, and activities such as kayaking, surfing, whale watching, nature walks, and country drives abounding in the area, the studio offers you the perfect excuse to get away from it all.
A "Welcome Hamper" of goodies including milk, tea, sugar, farm fresh eggs (when available), honey, fresh fruits, oatmeal, and complimentary chocolate is provided on arrival for your enjoyment in addition to free linens (towels, sheets, doonas, etc.). These breakfast provisions are provided for you to cook yourself.
The area has a lot of offer, including two breweries - Red Earth Brewery at Cudgen, and Stone & Wood Brewery at Byron Bay; plus a great selection of Australian spirits at Husk Distilleries in North Tumbulgum; cheeky cabaret show at the Brunswick Picture House; and to cap it off, a lunch and wine feast at PiPiT, one of Pottsville's newest eatery -- there is something to tickle everyone's fancy. We are also just 15 min from the BluesFest site, 25 min from Byron Bay, 25 min from Gold Coast Airport, 35 min from Wollumbin/Mt. Warning, and 90 min from Brisbane with easy access off the Pacific Highway (M1).
- Due to the size limitations of the studio, only 1 pet is allowed.
- Pets are allowed inside; however, they are not allowed on furniture or beds.
- There is a yard directly in front of the studio that is gated and enclosed for the protection of all pets where they can run around freely.
- Welcome treats on arrival plus bedding (both trampoline style, and plush), food bowls, and toy chest.
- Doggie Wash Station plus shampoo, and towels.
- $30 pet charge per stay.
Whilst we understand that owners may need to duck out without their pets in tow at times, for the safety of your pet, and for the comfort of nearby neighbours, we ask that pets NOT be left unattended while holidaying with us, as from what we have observed, it causes undue stress on pets resulting in incessant barking.
Other things to note
The studio is located on a 6 acre property that is home to our Black Lab x Border Collie Jetti, chickens, and our alpacas Billy and Emmy. A host of birdlife also call the property home as well as the occasional wallaby.
The owners residence is also on the property.
---10 REASONS TO STAY: ---
1. Do Nothing -- just relax, unwind, and recharge on the deck and take in the green surroundings
2. Watch our alpacas Billy and Emmy graze
3. Bicycle path from Pottsville to Kingy
4. Surf the waves at Caba and Black Rocks
5. Catch a Bream/Perch at the Mooball Estuary
6. Explore Pottsville Markets on 1st and 3rd Sunday
7. Drive south to Brunswick Heads, Byron Bay, Lennox north to Salt Village, Kingscliff, Gold Coast (all just less than 30 mins away)
8. Enjoy sun-filled day basking on the beach
9. Watch dolphins and whales do their annual migration at Hastings Point lookout
10. BluesFest/Splendour/Falls Fest sites just a quick 15 mins drive