Australasian Animal Registry - Animal Registration and Recovery
Our mission is to enable the speedy recovery of missing pets to their rightful owner. The Australasian Animal Registry (AAR) is the largest not-for-profit and most comprehensive animal registration and recovery service in Australasia.
Pet identification and recovery service:
Currently AAR maintains records for over 1.5 million animals and is growing daily. We register all animals - dogs, cats, birds, horses, reptiles and even ferrets. AAR provides an accurate and independent service designed to assist in the speedy recovery of registered animals.
Sometimes our pets wander into unfamiliar surroundings and become lost. If you become separated from your pet for any reason, when your pet is found it can easily be scanned by a vet or authorised practitioner. In this way we can help you be reunited with your lost pet as soon as possible. A large percentage of vets, welfare agencies and even pounds search our database first to find the owner of a lost pet Just microchipping your pet isn't enough - you need to register the microchip and your contact details on a national database so your pet's home can be found. Wouldn't you want your pet's home details listed on the most reliable animal registry database in Australia?
Microchipping and AAR Registration is by far the most effective way of being reunited as quickly as possible with your lost loved one. Just go to our website to register your pet with us today.
Why register with AAR?
Our recovery database operates 24 hours, 7 days a week - meaning your pet can be recovered day or night. If you lose your pet on the weekend, you don't want to wait until Monday for help.
- Once you have registered your pet, our recovery services are free.
- We register all types of animals not just cats and dogs.
- We have accreditation with the Australian Veterinary Association plus both the Victorian and Queensland Governments.
- A one-off lifetime registration fee and no charge for address or detail changes (online only).
- Moving overseas? If you move overseas we will maintain your records until your return and issued registration certificates help simplify dealing with immigration and quarantine departments.
- Accuracy is our priority, so AAR uses the latest scanning technology to enter details of microchip registration - ensuring accuracy and privacy of information.
Talk to your vet about using the AAR or contact us directly on 02 9704 1450 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
AAR is accredited by Queensland Government, Australian Veterinary Association (AVA) and the Victorian Government, Department of Primary Industry (DPI) including the Bureau of Animal Welfare. Only authorised users are able to access the animal records for recovery purposes. This includes councils and veterinary clinics. A secure system of ID numbers and AAR staff training ensure the integrity of this process.
AAR is a division of the Royal Agricultural Society of NSW (RAS) which follows the guiding principles and policies of RAS which includes placing a high priority on the care of all animals.